Friday, July 30, 2010

The end impends

I found out yesterday from one of my professors that Deloitte and Touche recruits at my school, which is very good to hear. I still need to figure out how to get into that process from KZ, but it is a step in the right direction. I also need to start actually applying to jobs, rather than just looking at them online.

I am leaning towards eliminating my goals for Russian beyond keeping up with my words in Anki. With my two classes, I'm not really feeling the krazy studying that I really need to do in Russian to make substantial progress by the middle of September when I will take my test. I do want to listen to a few audiobooks, however, and see if that is helpful.

My law class finishes this week, and I'm sad because I dropped to an 89 percent. It would be nice to have a 4.0, though as I think of it an A- probably won't help me get there. More classes next semester, though I don't yet have all the ones I want. Still need to get permission from a councilor to take more than 16 units.

Still mulling my options for my trip home after PC. I still want to go to Russia, but I might make it a shorter trip than originally envisioned, and spend less time also in Ireland.

A lot of it will depend on when/if I get a job. I now have a big piece of paper on my wall where I'm writing down my thoughts and possible plans.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck! We'll be pulling for you back in California!
Rob